Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Independence day party


There are several Latinamerican countries that have the same independence day; September 15th. So there was a party for all of us. I decided to dress Colette up in her Costarican dress, without realizing that it was way too small for her anymore. Oh well. She couldn't really look Costarican no matter what I did. There was dancing while people trickled in, then there were dances performed by BYU students. The first was from Peru, the second picture is from a dance from Mexico. There was a Mariachi and singers and such. Colette danced with Rob, and a little boy that would stuff his shirt with a balloon and grab Colette's hands and swing her around. She was having fun with him until she slipped from his hands and fell down, then when he would swing her around she would just sit down. We only stayed until 11pm, but we heard on Sunday that people stayed and danced until 5 am. I wished my mom was there with us, that would have been even more fun. Even though it ended up being mostly a "Viva Mexico" kind of thing it still brought tears to my eyes to see all of these people all together in a foreign land celebrating their culture and freedom.


2 comments:

Samantha said...

You guys are such an adorable family.

One thing I guess I miss about Utah, besides what I said before, is that there really was always something going on, being at BYU at least. A lot less here. I've decided I have to plan something fun and exciting, or at least a bit different than staying home, for us all to go out and do every weekend. I've got the next month planned, but after that...who knows. There's a lot to do around the Chicagoland area but it's getting colder so I don't know what's feasible. It will be fun when Zara is bigger so she can enjoy stuff more! Ha.

Anyway. You guys are adorable. And I miss having you around to chill with.

elisa said...

Wow, Nicolle it always seems like you are doing fun stuff! Even though Provo is a small city, it's so cool that the church brings us all together. That's why I like Arlington. Where ever we move, if ever, has to be somewhere with a lot of different cultures. or really pretty. My only 2 requirements!