Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fukuoka . . .

Sorry the pictures are all jumbled, no matter what order I input them in they decide which order they'll go . . .The best pictures are in the next post, which I made a minute ago. This one is of Colette and Annie eating at the zoo, we watched Annie while Daron and Lori were in the temple and they returned the favor for us. We went to Fukuoka, a big city which houses the nearset temple to Marugame on a branch trip. There is a large zoo/botanical garden next to the temple.
I met an Elder from Brazil at the temple, we chatted for a while. His parents were Brazilian of Japanese ancestry, and his family moved to Japan a few years ago.
Colette by some flowers near the temple entrance.
Tonight Colette helped us vacuum. She helps with dishes, sweeping, and now vacuuming.
Despite the long hours on the bus, Colette was pretty good. It gave us hope for our future travels. We got home about midnight last night and stumbled into bed. I had class early this morning but wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be.
The temple trip was great, Nicolle and I were able to select our language, so I did Portuguese and she did Spanish, it was great to hear it the language of my mission. It was nice to get to know the members of our branch a little better, but we mostly hung out with the other English speakers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you online, although it's nothing like in person. I'm glad you had a fun holiday with the kids and your friends. Love,