Sunday, October 19, 2008

The purpose of the trip . . .

We got to go back because I was invited to perform at the Okayama Jazz Festival in Okayama, more or less near where we used to live. I was the main performer so they treated me like a star . . . interviews, lots of pictures, they filmed the festival and I hope to get my hands on a dvd of the whole show in the next few months when it comes out.
Saturday night I performed with Alicia Saldenha in Osaka, very talented up and coming vocalist from Trinidad.
The place was packed, people standing behind and to the sides of the seated audience . . .

I feel very lucky to have performed with such high-caliber players . . . and especially lucky to have had Nicolle there with me. She sold $100 worth of cds while I was performing, so as soon as I was finished she ran up and got me to sign them all . . . there was a line of people waiting for me to autograph their cds and take a picture with them!

2 comments:

yave said...

Sweet! That looks awesome! Congratulations. More of this to come, I'm sure.

Karla said...

Those are great celebrity pix, Rob! Did Nicolle take them?