Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nigongo wa?! 祝福 . . .





I feel very blessed right now. I'm listening to general conference in Japanese early Sunday morning and thinking of everything I have to be grateful for.
My beautiful wife is so amazing. She's been very active lately. Besides taking care of our two kids, which is like 3 full time jobs (never a day off, 24/7 work all the time), she's playing volleyball twice a week (I've seen her play: she's usually the only girl playing with giant polynesian men that could squash me like a bug, but she holds her own!), she's gotten two face painting gigs recently where she uses her artistic talents, and she's started hula lessons.
Colette is learning how to talk so well now. She's making sentences, much of it isn't understandable, but she surprises me all the time with clear words and phrases. She always gives people hugs when she says hi, and she's cheerful.
Johnathan is nothing less than pure joy in my life. He's such a happy baby, always smiling at everyone and he really loves people's company. He doesn't demand much from people, just their smiles.

I've have big dreams with my music, and have been experiencing greater success than ever before. I play with great musicians, and have many projects in the works, from my own band to brazilian, latin, and hip-hop projects (played in park city friday with a rapper, it's a ton of fun to back him up and I'm going to have him start rapping with my jazz/funk trio, it's going to be so fun!). I'm very excited and hope to travel a bit abroad with these groups, taking nicolle to Europe and other parts of the world. I've been blessed to play at many high-end functions and events lately, I'm finally getting my name out there and get new calls for gigs every other day.
At my job I feel so lucky to be able to use Spanish and Portuguese all day. I'm having a lot of success lately, many students are coming in the next few months which I helped with their paperwork. I'm making many international connections and love the work I do.
we've been looking at houses around provo, thinking maybe we'll stay here for the long haul, travelling here and there like Mom and Dad. We both like it here and with the kids needing stability and routine, we're dreaming about having our own place. We walked around with Amy all day yesterday looking at houses and found one we absolutely adored, it was fun to dream about what we'd do with it.

4 comments:

nicolle said...

I love it when Rob posts! It gives me a little insight into what he is thinking:) Oh and my babies are adorable, aren't they? You better agree, or I will sick my giant polynesian friends on you.

Anonymous said...

is colette wearing an engineer's uniform? cute!

nicolle said...

I got that at a thrift store so who knows, but that is why I liked it. Also eventually Johnathan can wear it (probably sooner rather than later the way he's growing). Oh I guess I just publicized that my kids share clothes. Oh well they won't hate me for it for a couple more years at least.

elisa said...

I'm glad Rob is feeling grateful. Being grateful makes us happy!