Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. Or rather, I love dressing my kids up, so cute! Johnathan was Peter Pan, Colette was Tinkerbell and I was Tigerlily. Rob was supposed to dress up as a pirate but he didn't get a chance. First we walked downtown where most of the stores welcomed trick or treaters. Colette initially didn't understand the concept of asking for candy, she just wanted to run around with her arms behind her shouting "Im fiying!" She had bells on her shoes so she was really noisy. Johnathan was so sweet, he didn't pull his hat off or cry or anything. Colette needed a nap by the time we were half way through so she got pretty bad. But I guess she did ok considering we walked about a mile. Grandma Karla picked us up at the Library and took us to her house where we had "blood soup with bones" (tomato soup with bread sticks) it was awesome. Grandma also had pumpkin shaped sugar cookies. Colette dutifully licked off the icing and put them back on the plate. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's ward trunk or treat, but we were pretty late and Colette still hadn't had a nap. In fact she didn't sleep at all the whole day until after 10 pm! I really really hope it doesn't mean she has stopped taking naps. Anyway, it was a great day regardless of all of the walking and the cranky fairy. I hope you enjoy the pictures!



2 comments:

elisa said...

I just wanna chew on Jon's cheeks and kiss his jolly eyes! Colette looks like she was having alot of fun! I like the whole family theme. Very cute.

Samantha said...

Colette sounds like she is developing a very specific little personality. I will always remember her as pre-verbal, going back and forth between me and William and the closet, bringing us little toys and fake Japanese foods, and then taking them back.

That is the cutest Peter Pan outfit I've ever seen. What a great idea!