Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I am going to miss this crazy place...



You know you never realize how much you like a place until you are going to leave it. The first picture is of one of my baby classes. The little kids there are so sweet, the do everything I do and they give me lots of hugs and high-fives. The teachers are also really nice and have even come to some of the MIA activities. I hope that I can keep in touch with them. The second picture is of the same kids, but the always rush up to me as soon as we sing the goodbye song to help me get my bag and to give me hugs and stuff. Some of them are super smart too.
The last picture is of Colette on this weird bouncy thing at a park at the end of the ship-factory row. She kept banging her face on the handles when she was trying to make it bounce.
I know I have talked a lot about the healthcare here in Japan but I just can't praise it enough. I am really bummed to be going back to the US to have the baby, if only we could afford all of the other stuff then we would stay.
Rob doesn't believe me but I would like to come back to live in Japan, sometime down the road, maybe in a bigger city, after I have graduated. Who knows maybe we could even come back and have a baby:) If I decide to have another one that is;)

3 comments:

United Capital Group said...

Nicolle I didn't know that you guys were coming back so early?! Are you headed to Utah?

cat -

Samantha said...

Again, I sympathize!

yave said...

Baby #3!!! You've let the cat out of the bag now.

Many of my clients have no health insurance and no access to Medicaid. Sometimes bad things happen and there's not much they can do. Japan would be a better place for them in that respect, but I think it's generally even less immigrant-friendly than the US.