Thursday, January 25, 2007

taking bets...





Monday is the fateful appointment where we learn the gender of our made-in-Japan-baby and we are really excited. We have been reviewing the tape, sitting on forks and spoons (a brazilian tradition) and judging my belly's roundness all in hopes to guess before our doctor tells us for sure. My friend Cat thinks it is a boy and our brazilian friends think it is a boy and Rob was convinced it was a boy because of the ultrasound videos but I think it was the umbilical cord and not the....other thing. So now he thinks it is a girl. Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else had an inkling.
So the first picture is of my belly as of today, next Colette with her "ainy", we think she is trying to say raining, that is what she calls her umbrella. There is a tiny tiny playground by our house with a slide (come to think of it I think that is the only playground equipment there except for a pullup bar). Colette tried to climb up the steep steps by herself and then slide down, until she discovered that she could get her daddy to walk her up the slide instead. She went up and down about 20 times.
I had thought of a funny anecdote about japan but I forgot it already, oh well maybe next time.

1 comment:

Devon and Dave said...

i told dave a while ago that i thought the baby was a boy. i just had a feeling, i guess (and a 50/50 chance of being right!) what is your official due date?