Monday, January 29, 2007

baby and karaoke

I was looking at this picture more closely and I realized that the baby looks just like Rob when he is sleeping. Another funny thing is that the doctor and the nurses were impressed by the baby's nose...a gaijin hana-foreigners nose-which is highly desirable here. Also when the doctor was trying to take this picture the baby kept sticking his tongue out. It is amazing how much care they take of us here. They did a complete "baby check" where she checked all of his organs, limbs, digits and anything else you can imagine that they can see on an ultrasound. It was amazing to see how developed the baby is already.
After the baby visit and a nap we went to karaoke with Justin and Sarah, William and Samantha and Kelsey. Rob brought his sax along just in case anyone wanted him to play along with them. It was lots of fun, and Rob enjoyed it alot.


We had the "blacklight room" so Colette at first was scared to go in but eventually she calmed down and enjoyed the show. Here she is sitting with Samantha. Colette knows that everyone is willing to play with her so she takes full advantage and loves it when there are other people around.






The videos that are the background for the words on the tv are hilarious. Sometimes the videos kind of tried to go along with the song and sometimes they were completely random. Justin and Sarah are singing their hearts out in this picture and Colette was mostly just watching the crazy videos. I don't know if she entirely grasped that we were singing the songs until the end and even then I am not sure she understood why. We decided that karaoke in japan is the only way to do it and we will take whoever comes to japan to visit to sing karaoke. It was great fun.

2 comments:

rob said...

By the way, if anyone's curious the song I played along with was George Michael/Wham's "Careless Whisper" . . "I never wanna dance again, guilty feet aint got no rhythm . . ."
It was pretty hilarious

Samantha said...

Yes it was! I should have chosen another song just to go along with your sax but I didn't think about it.

What a great picture of Justin and Sarah singing! I look a bit unsure of all of it, but I assure any readers, I was having fun.

As a matter of fact, William and I might go again this Monday, just me and him, so we can really "let loose" as you put it, Nicolle. We may sing Beatles songs the entire time. If that is the case I will test myself by never looking at the moniter, and if I have to look at it I'll have someone hit me.