Wednesday, December 13, 2006

make-up time

Here are a few pictures from our recent trip to the park...of course they are all out of order so bear with me.
This is at a pond near the entrance, you can actually see this spot in the background on the next picture where Colette is pointing. One of my students was telling me that Koi (carp) are actually really expensive, especially the big ones so it is a sign of wealth and prosperity to have some in your pond. My student was actually complaining because she had finally convinced her husband to buy her some little ones but the cats and birds kept eating them. When we went to the karaoke place a couple months ago they had some little ones in a tiny pond and it was covered with chicken coup wire. It wasn't very pretty but since I knew how expensive they were and how hard it is to keep them alive I knew that I was supposed to be impressed. Rob still recoils at the thought of Koi, he says that they are the nastiest fish and that most American fishermen hate them because they ruin the water. Here they only eat they black ones because they supposedly have medicinal qualities.
Colette still can't say her f's so she says pissh, she recognizes them because of her obsession with Nemo. It was hard to tear her away from the fish ponds. She just loves to stand there and point them out for us.









Rob loved these trees. He took a bunch of pictures of them but Colette thought they were pretty boring, especially when she could be looking at...pebbles or as she says kak (rock).
She could play with rocks for hours if we let her. Actually almost all of the pathways just had pebbles so Colette was in heaven. We would walk away from her and say bye-bye trying to get her to come after us, but she would just wave bye-bye over her shoulder and keep on playing with the rocks. Hence the next picture....



She gets so preoccupied about what she is doing that she either doesn't notice or care about the draft of cold air on her bumm and back. Which reminds me Rob taught her the word bumm, so if you say where is your bumm she will smile and pat her bumm and say bumm. I couldn't resist this shot, sorry if this offends anyone:)










These are the fish she's pointing at in the second picture. At one point she actually started to throw her little leg over the curb which really freaked us out so we were sure to not let her get out of arms reach, especially around the fish. It is so much fun to go to places like this with her, she gets so excited.

3 comments:

cat said...

It was fun reading your blog today. Your camera takes such nice photos. You will have to tell me what kind it is. When I have money I am going to get a digital camera, for now I use my phone. You guys all look great.

cat -

Anonymous said...

dave and i just looked at the pictures together, but i am commenting because he is obsessed with watching episodes of south park on the internet. you all look very adorable and healthy. when will you know the sex of the new baby--or are you going to wait?

cat said...

Nicolle I was looking again at your photos and *sigh I wish I were as skinny as you! I need to lose 45 pounds. I got really big with Sidney, and now for the first time in my life I have to really work out. :P I just wish you could work out one day and be thin the next. *sigh - dreams -

cat :)