Saturday, July 29, 2006

It has all been said


It was a good thing that I worked for a little bit before we came, if not I might have had a nervous breakdown;) Some days I have as many as 8 clases, some in the next city over so it takes an hour to get there just to teach for an hour or even a half hour and then I have to drive for an hour back. Supposedly it will only be this crazy for the rest of August, then it will settle back down. So far I like teaching, I think I would like it more if there were more of a curriculum. Right now I don't know the students very well or what they are capable of so it is hard to plan a "lesson". Hopefully I will figure it out soon so I don't stress out so much. Colette seems so big now, she tries talking a lot more, and she has a lot of facial expressions and emotions. The other day when I was "teaching" at the kindergarten she got jealous because I was holding one of the other babies. She started swatting at him and he in turn swatted back at her. It was not fun. I think that I have discovered that I like teaching the adults more than the small children. The adults are respectful and cooperative, and even though the kids are cute it is physically demanding to have to pay so much attention to so many children at once. Also many of the children are the only child in their family so they don't know how to share or wait their turn. I don't mean to give the wrong impression I do enjoy teaching, I just need to get settled and I think it will be easier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hijita,que lindas todas las fotos.
me da la impresion que estan trabajando muy duro, pero parece ser una experiencia unica.
Aqui esta bien mama, que es lo que importa. Besos y abrazos.
Con amor Mami.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicolle. What a challenge! Teaching is high intensity anyway, and to plunge right into it while taking care of Colette as well must be pretty overwhelming. I hope things calm down a little. I'm sure you're doing fine. We miss you but love the photos and commentary. Love,

Anonymous said...

I need to check the blog every day, it seems! I thought I would be okay missing a few days, and I had a lot to catch up on. Each one of your posts makes me want to visit you more, so keep it up! I think I have some convincing to do to get Brett to come out, the the plans are already starting. It seems like and incredible, interesting, frightening (to be so completely out of your comfort zone), exciting place to live. We miss you so much!