Friday, November 05, 2010

Halloween








Thanks to mom for finding the flamenco dress at a flea market in Ft. Worth. I assembled the shawl for Colette in an effort to keep her somewhat warm.
Johnathan's costume was the big time suck, but I like for the most part, how it turned out. I made the vest, trousers and hat. The embellishments were part trim, Christmas ribbon and gold glitter glue. We went trick or treating 2+ times. The first thing Johnathan asked me on Monday morning was "We go tick o'teating today?" Too much of a good thing.
PS. I don't know why J looks so scared in the first picture. The creepy "person" in the background was our scare-crow of sorts. We met some yip-yips at the Gallivan Center block party..I think some little (and maybe big) yip-yip costumes are in order for our house, and for no specific occasion, I would just like to have them around. And some adult flamenco dresses, oh and a bullfighter outfit for Rob...oh I've gone cross-eyed...

3 comments:

Karla said...

I LOVE your costumes. I think you are the most creative person I know. And I love the yip-yap costumes too--I had forgotten what they were.

Catherine Marie said...

Nicolle!!! Your kids look great! I can't believe how big they are getting! Dang time flies.
It looks like you guys have been traveling a bit around the world. How fun. My brother says that Nice, France is his fav place and is where he and his wife want to move someday. How did you like it?
Things are good here life is changing for the better and I'm really happy! I miss you!!
Anyways, it looks like you had fun this Halloween! Ugh, now for Christmas and all the stress that brings!! haha
Miss you!!
cat~

Aileena said...

I loved these costumes! way to go!