Monday, January 12, 2009

Change is coming soon . . .

Here's my entry for a songwriting competition about the change that's coming . . .

http://www.robbennion.com/mp3s/changeiscoming.mp3


In case you can't understand the words (sung by Colette) here are the lyrics:

Dear Daddy,

Guess what? I went to the ocean for my birthday. We saw dolphins jumping in the waves. Wish you could've been there.

Dear Daddy, guess what? Momma wants you to come home soon. She says Change is coming soon. Momma says Change is coming home too.

Daddy? Who is Change? What does he look like? Momma says he'll bring you home . . . Is he a daddy like you? Momma says that he'll bring you home.

Dear Daddy, is he big as you? Change is bigger than you, Daddy!

Change is coming soon.

We saw dolphins jumping in the water.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Beautiful song. I put it on my blog, hope you don't mind.

Amy said...

Wow Rob, that was great. Colette is beautiful! You cut her in wonderfully. I'm excited to do a project with you.