Monday, May 19, 2008

sorry about the confusion





....I was talking about nursing, people! Johnathan will turn 1 at the end of the month and so I am trying to figure out how I am going to wean him. He tries food every so often but only if he has already nursed, so that doesn't give me a lot of independence yet. But look at his little face when he is nursing, it makes me melt and I can see why it is hard for me to really give up nursing him. He is the sweetest little boy I have ever known and I kind of just wish he would stay this way. Colette seems more like a little girl and less like a toddler every day.
We are loving the nice weather. Rob scored a bike trailer/jogging stroller at DI so we have gone for walks or bike rides almost everyday.

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

So then don't wean him! :) The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until 2. I can see the part about wanting to get away more. C. wouldn't take solids until 12 mo. and then I started going back to school almost full time, I was gone quite a lot and he started eating lots more while still nursing. So who knows. Maybe he'll change his mind real quick about the food.
It's a hard thing to figure out but I'm sure you will soon. :)