Thursday, April 12, 2007

Get the baby out of the house!

Yesterday as Nicolle was trying to pack (we have to send off her bags tomorrow) Colette kept running off with things or rearranging them to her liking, so Nicolle asked me to take her somewhere, I obliged. We got on our bike just like old times and rode off! As we rode up dokigawa I noticed that we weren't so far from Kotohira so I decided to finally climb all the way to the top of Konpira-san. Colette slept almost the whole way there and up, so I imagine she was surprised to wake up halfway up a mountain . . . here are some pictures of the top. I'd only been about halfway up before, to the main platform/shrine level with my Dad and Chris when they visited.
I love the orange colors, just like in Kyoto.
Colette immediately went to work throwing rocks over the edge.
The spring colors are beautiful!
Fists full of Rocks.

Colette loves our bike rides. That was probably our last one here in Japan, since my babies are going home on Monday, and I'm staying till May 4th. It's going to be a lonely house for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your babies are leaving but we're so glad to have them here soon. It does make me wonder what exactly it will take to baby-proof things--but maybe we'll just wait and see. Love,